dinsdag 3 december 2013

Japanese Architecture Office

From November, I started working part time at Takenaka Corporation, This is an architecture office which emlpoys over 500 architects and engineers and does projects in Europe, America and Japan. My job is on Monday only, from 10:00 to 19:00 with an hour lunch break.

My tutor at the University of Tsukuba advised me to do this job because it is a good opportunity to get to know how scale models are made in Japan. The job is pretty simple: my boss gives me a printed plan of the design and I have to make a scale model for that plan. My tutor is working at the same day under the same boss, so we work together.
Both the university and the office use foam board and Styrofoam a lot, while in the Netherlands we often use cardboard or wood. Another thing I noticed is that the used tools (the cutting knife, glue container and ruler, etc) are slightly different in Japan.

To keep the projects and progresses secret from clients and other companies, I am not allowed to take pictures of the office spaces. I will post some of the exterior of the building soon.

Above: dutch knife. Below: japanese knife.
Left: dutch glue container. Right: japanese glue container.
Above: dutch ruler. Below: japanese ruler.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten