zaterdag 26 oktober 2013

4th week in class

At the moment the fourth week of my study has ended already.
In a few classes there has been some progress.

Glass
1. Make a clay model that you want to make in glass. The clay is on oil basis.

My model: a lizard
2. Make a mould by pouring plaster over the clay model. Before pouring the plaster, a leak proof wall must be made.

The teacher explaining how to build a wall.


3. Get the clay out of the hardened plaster and put pieces of glass into the mould. It is important that the weight of the glass is 1,7 times heavier than the weight of clay that has been used.  
My mould
Blue and Amber coloured glass.

This is the oven in which the moulds with pieces of glass will be baked. 
Maybe 5 people can fit in it if they sat down on the bottom.  



Sculpture Drawing
For the first time in my life I took the challenge to draw a sculpture. If I remember correctly, the sculpture I did was of David (from David and Goliath). Charcoal was the main tool I used, together with a piece of cloth, a gummy eraser and a plastic sheet with a printed framework for measuring different distances. 

Week 1
Week 2
Week 3: finished!
Sculpture of David

In the big drawing room is a high ceiling with large and small sculptures. Since they are white and walls and ceiling are also white, the statues are sprayed dark on a few places.

One of the large sculptures.
Some students use pencils. 
An important note is that all the students in this class will become professionals at realistic drawing. So there is a big difference in their work and mine and I should not be comparing mine to theirs. But it is great to see how well they can draw!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten