vrijdag 23 november 2012

Re-exam

At the end of the last blok, the teachers told me that my work is still too flat. I was lacking three dimensionality and they gave me an extra assignment in which I had to prove that I can work more in space instead of surfaces.

Assignment: create 10 models or sculptures on account of a news item.

Initially I wanted to make models in relation with the newly built EYE Film Museum in Amsterdam because of its intriguing architecture.


EYE Film Museum, Amsterdam


But I could not easily find an article, so I did my assignment about the exposition that was held at the EYE at that time. The work and life of director Stanley Kubrick were displayed at the exposition. By watching his movies and reading books about the productions I got inspired to create the following models/sculptures.


Sculpture 1 "Anxious", inspired by "Lolita"

Sculpture 2 "Spacious", inspired by "2001: Space Odyssey"

Sculpture 3 "Uneven Triangles", inspired by "2001: Space Odyssey"

Sculpture 4 "Thick Walls", inspired by "The Shining"

Sculpture 5 "Transparancy"

Sculpture 6 "Transparant Uneven Triangles"

Sculpture 7 "Irregular Shapes"

Sculpture 8 "Floating Roof"

Sculpture 9 "Linear and urved Shapes"

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten